Retail shelf displays for frozen foods section
Displaydata, UK, announced the Aura29F ESL, designed and optimized for use in the frozen sections of retail stores. The new Aura29F offers the same features as the existing Aura range, with the added benefit of operating in the temperature -13°F and 32°F range used in retail store freezers.
Featuring the latest electrophoretic display technology (EPD), Aura29F ESLs are fully-graphic, black on paper-white displays, offering best-in-class readability with a near 180-degree viewing angle. The freezer label offers a free-form and flexible label design that enables any combination of text or images, including scanable QR codes and manufacturer’s barcodes, to be displayed inside freezer cabinets.
Additional features include:
- True two-way communication. Each ESL features two-way broadcast of price, product and promotional content to ensure 100% accuracy. Each individual Aura29F ESL can respond back to headquarters, confirming updates have been received and activated.
- Remote and automatic update of firmware to ensure image quality is optimized using DisplaydataLUT, an exclusive technology to Displaydata that enables superior image quality across all temperature ranges.
- Rich content for effective store promotions and improved store operations. The Aura29F delivers rich content digitally, helping to influence shopper purchasing decisions at the shelf edge. As well, each ESL has up to six pages in memory that can be used to quickly and centrally deploy new promotions from headquarters, provide store associates with merchandising information and enable them to undertake customer service, replenishment and inventory management tasks more efficiently.
- Low power, long life. The Aura29F includes bi-stable displays that require zero power to retain their image, enabling a battery life of three years with an average of three updates per day. The ESL comes standard with replaceable batteries to ensure extended display life.
- Versatility and personalization. The Aura29F can be managed across the Enterprise by Displaydata’s Dynamic Software Suite, and is controlled by the same RF infrastructure as the rest of Displaydata’s range of ESLs.
Displaydata also made available the Guard42, which protects its Aura42 and Chroma42 ESLs from moisture and other elements typically found in delicatessen, fish and meat counters of retail stores.
The Guard42 enclosure is made with fish acid-resistant plastic and is easy to clean and disinfect. The enclosure also comes with a “notes” area on the back, providing store associates the ability to write information such as product expiration dates, open-on dates and promotions. The Guard42 adheres to the FDA-21 standard.