Inmar Willard Bishop Analytics, Long Grove, Ill., released its latest “The Future of Food Retailing,” study. The report takes a deep dive into the food retailing industry in order to identify and quantify market dynamics, trends and behaviors.
The report also recaps the previous year’s activities and provides projections for the next five years in terms of market and dollar share across the following channel formats:
- Traditional supermarkets, fresh format, limited assortment, super warehouse and other (small) grocery.
- Traditional grocery formats, wholesale club, supercenter/mass, dollar, drug and military.
- Non-traditional grocery with gasoline and without gasoline.
- Convenience stores and combined channels.
- E-commerce, including food and consumables.