Plant-based comfort foods
Daiya, Canada, unveiled an expanded line of plant-based comfort foods.
"Plant-based is no longer a fringe movement—it is now mainstream," says Michael Lynch, vice president of marketing. "Today's consumers have an appetite for foods that not only taste great, but are also better for themselves as well as the planet. At Daiya, we're addressing this demand by unveiling the most expansive and craveworthy portfolio of plant-based foods in the market."
Daiya Burritos are made with wholesome ingredients, including flax and chickpea flour, and each packs 7-12 grams of protein, and deliver a suggested retail price of $4.29. They come in the following varieties:
- Tex-Mex—Features tender pinto beans, brown rice, red bell peppers, red jalapenos, spices and Daiya Cutting Board Cheddar Style Shreds.
- Santiago —This variety is packed with hearty red quinoa, sweet potatoes, black beans, flavorful poblano peppers and Daiya Cutting Board Mozzarella Style Shreds.
- Santa Fe—This option offers the right amount of spice thanks to a hint of chipotle peppers, potatoes, brown rice, meatless crumbles and the company's Cutting Board Mozzarella Style Shreds.
- Tuscan— Bright sundried tomatoes, spinach and basil are tossed with meatless crumbles and rolled up with Daiya Cutting Board Mozzarella Style Shreds.
Coconut Non-Dairy Frozen Desserts feature premium ingredients such as semi-sweet chocolate, fair-trade dark chocolate, real vanilla extract and 100% Arabica coffee. They come in:
- Chocolate Fudge Crunch—This decadent chocolate dessert bar with a deep fudgy swirl is dipped in rich fair-trade dark chocolate and finished with crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Classic Vanilla Bean—This classic vanilla dessert bar is dipped in rich fair-trade dark chocolate and finished with a semi-sweet chocolate drizzle.
- Salted Caramel Swirl—This vanilla dessert bar is swirled with a salted caramel ribbon throughout and dipped in semi-sweet chocolate and finished with a dark chocolate drizzle.
- Espresso Coffee—Bold and smooth Arabica coffee is blended in a dessert bar and dipped in rich and velvety fair-trade dark chocolate.
Daiya Duets boast a velvety yogurt alternative base made from coconut cream, paired with a variety of toppings. Each variety comes in convenient dual packages to keep toppings crisp. Plus, Daiya Duets are a good source of calcium and contain 5-6 grams of plant-based protein per serving. They are available in Chocolate Coconut, Key Lime Crumble, Cranberry Harvest and Salted Caramel Crunch for a suggested retail price of $2.49.
Daiya Meatless Meat Lover's Pizza is said to be the first-ever plant-based Meat Lover's pie, crafted with meatless sausage-style crumbles and pepperoni-style slices, Daiya signature shredded cheeze and zesty sauce atop an artisan gluten-free crust. Daiya Meatless Meat Lover's Pizza is entirely plant-based and free of dairy, gluten and soy, with a suggested retail price of $9.99.