Wireless lighting platform with IIoT controls
Dialight, Farmingdale, N.J., launched IntelliLED Connected Industrial Lighting Platform, a wireless controls solution for heavy industrial lighting applications.
The new IntelliLED system enables heavy industrial customers to leverage Dialight’s high-performance, Vigilant high bay, low bay and high output high bay LED fixtures alongside the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) wireless controls platform to maximize plant safety, productivity, energy efficiency and future readiness. The system can also seamlessly integrate with existing automation for a turnkey solution that brings lighting controls into an existing interface that customers are already accustomed to.
The IntelliLED system operates on a 2.4 GHz wireless mesh, self-healing network and features an RF Network Analysis tool and selectable RF channels to optimize signal strength for robust, reliable connectivity. The system’s heavy-duty industrial gateway controller accommodates up to 120 nodes (fixtures and sensors) in a ruggedized, IP66/NEMA 4X-rated enclosure that stands up to harsh environments. It can be easily scaled up to virtually control up to 10,000 nodes in multiple facilities with the IntelliLED Enterprise Server.
The IntelliLED system also includes a multilingual interface for global use, as well as a wide range of advanced management features to optimize lighting efficacy and energy use.
Key features include:
- Fixture grouping that allows for fast, simplified control over specific areas in a facility;
- Programmable dimming that adjusts light output from 100% down to 5%, as needed;
- Customizable scheduling to create the perfect lighting scheme for unique operations patterns;
- Daylight harvesting and occupancy sensors to help conserve energy when lighting is not needed;
- Web-based programming that is compatible with any PC, mobile or tablet device;
- Real-time monitoring to track energy usage, view fixture status, optimize energy savings and enable proactive maintenance planning;
- Security protocols to ensure only credentialed user access;
- RF Network Analysis tool and selectable RF channels to optimize signal strength.
The IntelliLED system also includes open automated demand response (ADR) compliance, providing a future-ready solution for companies participating in or preparing for ADR programs with their local utilities.