Conagra Brands, Inc., Chicago, announced new product launches across its refrigerated and frozen meals line, among others.
"Conagra Brands has been reinventing frozen meals to drive growth since 2015, and our efforts are fueling the entire category," says Darren Serrao, executive vice president and co-chief operating officer. "We see continued growth ahead for frozen meals, and are taking advantage of this opportunity by offering consumers the flavors, modern health attributes and convenience they demand."
"We have a $2 billion portfolio in snacking, which is the fastest-growing occasion in food," says Tom McGough, executive vice president and co-chief operating officer. "We also have a sizable grocery portfolio, which includes a $1 billion presence in condiments and sauces. Our slate of innovation in these areas will provide people with contemporary options that are supported by strong consumer trends."
Conagra Brands' robust lineup of food will roll out throughout 2019 and during the front half of 2020. Here is a selection of some of the company's product highlights:
- Banquet Mega Sandwiches deliver hearty protein and bold flavors with the ease and convenience of a handheld sandwich. Available in Pepperoni Stuffed Pizza, Meatballs & Mozzarella, Steak & Cheddar and Smoky BBQ Seasoned Pork.
- Bertolli Modern Italian Pasta Skillets bring bright, bold Italian flavors to the freezer aisle with seven new varieties of premium al dente and stuffed pastas. New varieties include Gnocchi Pesto, Butternut Squash Ravioli and Black Pepper Fettuccine.
Birds Eye is giving consumers even more ways to eat their vegetables:
- Veggie Made Tray Bakes provide comfort food for families, but with vegetables. Four new options include Chicken Alfredo Pasta and Three Cheese Ziti.
- Veggie Made Meals for One entail eight new bowl varieties ranging from Garlic Chicken to Meatball Marinara with Vegetable Pasta.
- Egg Beaters Whole Eggs provide a mess-free alternative to its shell-on counterpart, and is great for egg-based dishes and a variety of other recipes that call for eggs.
Healthy Choice continues to grow within the modern wellness space with new grain-free options featuring riced cauliflower to fit low-carb lifestyles.
- Healthy Choice Grain Free Power Bowls riced cauliflower is paired with nutrient-dense leafy greens, bright vegetables, lean proteins and global-inspired sauces. New varieties include Spicy Beef Teriyaki, Basil Pesto Chicken, Spicy Black Bean & Chicken and Chicken Marinara.
- Healthy Choice Simply Steamers with Riced Cauliflower include Chicken Tikka Masala and Garden Vegetable.
Marie Callender's is redefining comfort food in new contemporary forms.
- Pub Pies is an elevated take on the traditional pot pie with tender cuts of braised and roasted meat wrapped in a buttery shortbread crust. Varieties include Herb Roasted Chicken and Steak & Ale.
- Shepherd's & Cornbread Pies provide the savory experience of a pot pie without the crust. Three new varieties are inspired by favorite pairings and menu trends, including Beef Shepherd's Pie and Beef & Chili Bean Cornbread Pie.
- P.F. Chang's Home Menu Ramen provides restaurant-quality ramen with tender noodles and rich broth. Four new options include Pork Shoyu and Chicken Tonkotsu, which deliver authentic Asian cuisine at home.
- Reddi-wip Barista Series gives consumers a coffee house experience. Reddi-wip Nitro Creamer can be used in place of a traditional creamer and infuses layers of texture and flavor into coffee. Reddi-wip Sweet Foam can be used alongside Nitro Creamer or other coffee creams to add a slightly sweet, smooth layer of velvety, frothed foam at the top of the coffee.