Albertsons revamps frozen Own Brands lineup
Albertsons Cos., Boise, Idaho, revamped its lineup of Own Brands entrées with 55 new items, from organic plant-based meals for the “flexitarian” to premium high-protein power bowls and more.
“We’re in a new age for frozen meals,” says Chad Coester, senior vice president of Own Brands. “Shoppers deserve premium meals that deliver on dietary needs and indulgence. We’ve reimagined our frozen meal lineup with new formats to deliver on quality first.”
In partnership with the Plant Based Foods Association (PBFA), San Francisco, Albertsons introduced new plant-based frozen bowls and plant-based meatless proteins, all of which are certified USDA-certified organic and contain the PBFA “Certified Plant Based” seal.
"It's exciting to work with Albertsons Cos. in bringing the first products to market that are both USDA-certified organic and certified plant-based," says Julie Emmett, senior director of retail partnerships.
Each of the bowls deliver more than 11 grams of protein, and the plant-based burgers, patties and crumbles are made with soy, pea and/or garbanzo beans.
The line entails:
- O Organics edamame teriyaki vegetable rice bowl
- O Organics black bean & quinoa bowl
- O Organics three bean chili & kale bowl
- O Organics chickpea curry & spinach rice bowl
- O Organics plant-based power burger
- O Organics plant-based breakfast patties
- O Organics plant-based crumbles
Coinciding with the major expansion of Signature SELECT, the brand now carries an elevated line of premium frozen bowls that include protein power bowls, global cuisine and a twist on traditional favorites. The power bowls range from 280-400 calories, and deliver more than 20 grams of protein with limited carbs.
The Signature SELECT lineup includes recipes created by chef Suji Park, who built the bowls with clean ingredients that mirror how food is prepared in her restaurant, such as using pear as the sweetener in the beef bulgogi rice bowl.
The line entails:
- Signature SELECT Mixed greens chicken and quinoa power bowl
- Signature SELECT Cuban inspired pork with mojo sauce power bowl
- Signature SELECT Beef and broccoli power bowl
- Signature SELECT Mediterranean-style chicken power bowl
- Signature SELECT Beef bulgogi rice bowl
- Signature SELECT Japchae with shiitake mushrooms bowl
- Signature SELECT Korean-style fried chicken rice bowl
- Signature SELECT Chicken shoyu ramen noodle bowl
- Signature SELECT Mac & cheese bowl
- Signature SELECT Lasagna bowl
- Signature SELECT Enchilada bowl
- Signature SELECT Stuffed shells bowl
Own Brands expanded its line of Signature SELECT breakfast sandwiches with six new coffeehouse-inspired varieties for an on-the-go meal:
- Signature SELECT Chicken apple sausage and egg croissant sandwich
- Signature SELECT Chorizo, egg, and cheese jalapeno-biscuit sandwich
- Signature SELECT Waffle, egg, and bacon sandwich
- Signature SELECT English muffin, Canadian bacon, egg white, and cheese sandwich
- Signature SELECT French toast, ham, and egg sandwich
- Signature SELECT Pancake, sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich
O Organics is making its first entry into frozen breakfast solutions with two sausage products in resealable pouches and high-protein breakfast bowls:
- O Organics chicken sausage with bell peppers scramble bowl
- O Organics eggs, chicken sausage, and ham scramble bowl
- O Organics egg whites, spinach, and chicken sausage scramble bowl
- O Organics huevos rancheros, beans, and egg scramble bowl
Own Brands continues to meet growing consumer demand for cauliflower-based dishes with new sides like cauliflower cheese bake (a twist on mac and cheese) and mashed cauliflower with garlic and chives (a spin on mashed potatoes). Each 1-cup serving is under 130 calories.