Aqua Star, Seattle, Wash., released a new, chef-designed line of seafood meals under 500 calories.
MicroSteam Seafood Meals are microwaveable, and feature an innovative technology that locks in the steam, so each meal is perfectly cooked from frozen in just 6 minutes.
Each meal includes a healthy protein and sides that come in a ready-to-use, recyclable container.
The new meals combine BAP- and MSC-certified, healthy seafood, including salmon, shrimp, tilapia and cod, with on-trend ingredients like mafalda pasta, sriracha, red quinoa and yellow carrots.
“Our MicroSteam Seafood Meals are a 1-step meal solution for those who want a premium quality seafood meal in less time than it takes to brew a pot of coffee,” says Dirk Leuenberger, president and CEO. “These meals will be a hit with consumers and the grocers that serve them. With a near-zero shrink, environmentally friendly trays and best-in-class presentation, we are confident our new meals will swim out of the seafood freezer case.”
Aqua Star’s MicroSteam Seafood Meals boast a suggested retail price of $7.99-8.99, and come in:
- BBQ Sriracha Wild Salmon with broccoli, brown rice, red quinoa, bacon and sweet and spicy BBQ sauce.
- Lemon Herb Wild Cod with green beans, roasted seasoned potatoes and lemon herb butter.
- Roasted Garlic Salmon with green beans, yellow carrots and roasted herb butter.
- Cajun-Style Tilapia with creamy Cheddar cheese pasta shells.
- White Wine Shrimp with Mafalda pasta, broccoli, white wine, butter and Parmesan cheese.