Perry’s Ice Cream is launching new flavors for spring 2021. Their latest premium family size introductions will debut regionally at grocery and retail stores and made available for purchase online across the continental U.S. Also, in the lineup for release, two new three-gallon tub flavors for scoop shop and foodservice customers and the addition of a retail cross-over flavor.
“Our 2021 retail innovations include an expansion to Perry’s successful family size twist line, which features two complementary flavors twisted together into a delightful spoonful with new White Raspberry Twist,” said Nichole Buryta, brand marketing manager at Perry’s. “In addition, consumers continue to crave coffee and bakery inspired flavors, which encouraged newcomer Cookies & Coffee. We also identified the need for a refreshing coconut flavor in Perry’s lineup, inspiring the introduction of Coconut Crush. Rounding out the new class of flavors is the return of a seasonal favorite to Perry’s year-round lineup, Cinnamon Bun.”
New Flavors (Retail) Spring 2021
Premium Family Size, 1.5 QTS
- Cinnamon Bun: Cinnamon ice cream with cinnamon graham and white icing swirls.
- Coconut Crush: Coconut ice cream with crushed cookie swirls.
- Cookies & Coffee: Coffee ice cream with crème filled cookie pieces.
- White Raspberry Twist: White chocolate ice cream swirled with red raspberry flavored ice cream.
The flavor aligns with today’s “connected consumer” as 35% of U.S. consumers aged 18-24 agree that “colorful” describes food and drinks designed for sharing on social. Northern Lights allows consumers to eat with their eyes for an exciting pairing of flavor and sensorial experiences (2021 Synergy Consumer & Flavor Trends).
New Flavors (Scoop Shops and Foodservice) Spring 2021
Three Gallon Tubs
- Brownie Batter: Brownie batter ice cream with brownie batter swirls and brownie dough pieces.
- Northern Lights: Sour green apple, blue raspberry, and grape flavored sherbet.
- Nutty Bon Bon: Bavarian crème ice cream with peanut butter swirls and peanut butter bon bons.
New Expanded Distribution
After exceeding initial launch expectations in 2020, Perry’s Premium Barista Bars, a caffeinated line of novelties, are newly authorized at Walmart locations in NY, OH and PA for 2021 retail sets.
Barista Bars (6-pack Novelties): Available in three buzzworthy flavors. Contains as much caffeine as a cup of coffee or tea.
- Cold Brew Coffee - Since your answer to “want coffee?” is always “yes!”, we’ve combined fresh, local milk and cream with rich cold brew (caffeine included), worthy of your aficionado status.
- Mocha Latte - Fresh, local milk and cream with rich espresso (caffeine included) and a hint of chocolate.
- Chai Latte - If sweet, spicy flavor is your thing, we have combined the vibrant flavor of chai (caffeine included) with fresh, local milk and cream, worthy of tea connoisseurs.
Suggested retail price is $6.99 for 48oz. and $4.29 for novelty six-packs.
Perry’s continues their tradition of using a signature slow-cooked, one-batch at a time technique, while staying relevant to today’s changing consumer requests. All Perry’s products are rBST free* and are free from partially hydrogenated oils (PHOs).
The flavors will be arriving on shelves at local retailers across New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Washington D.C., Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina, including Dash’s Market, Giant Eagle, Shurfine, Tops Markets, Walmart and Wegmans Food Markets.
Perry’s Ice Cream is available online for shipping across the continental U.S. at ShopPerrys.com.
About Perry’s Ice Cream
Perry’s Ice Cream is a Great Lakes regional brand and Upstate New York’s #1 ice cream choice. Founded in 1918 by H. Morton Perry, Perry’s is a fourth generation, family owned and led business deploying a three-pillar strategy to diversify its business model, including: the traditional manufacturing and marketing of Perry’s branded ice cream, a Distribution system that covers more than 100,000 square miles and a global Contract Manufacturing segment that supplies to over 35 countries. With over 400 employees, Perry’s uses fresh, local, high quality milk and cream to proudly craft and slow-cook its ice cream for an exceptionally creamy texture and taste that consumers have fallen in love with for over 100 years. Perry’s is the 24th largest ice cream brand in the country and our products can be found across New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia.