Sabra Dipping Co., White Plains, N.Y., unveiled a fresh logo and packaging redesign for its complete product line. The rebranding includes an updated logo, restyled label design and original on-pack photography highlighting the fresh, plant-based ingredients in Sabra products. The new packaging will begin hitting retail shelves later this month.
“We are thrilled to introduce a fresh look for Sabra at an exciting time in the food world,” says Eugenio Perrier, chief marketing officer. “Cultivating a natural evolution for this unique brand, we sought to enrich the way we communicate visually with consumers on shelf and on pack. From the Sabra sun, which is recast as a chickpea evoking the warmth at the heart of the Mediterranean, to fresh ingredients shot in sunshine on a kitchen cutting board, the new designs enhance flavor expectation and beautifully convey Sabra’s brand personality and promise.”
- The new Sabra word mark is customized to keep the playful “musicality” of the previous version while prompting a bolder impression.
- The reimagined Sabra sun is now illustrated as a chickpea heart surrounded by five sesame seed rays; chickpeas and tahini (sesame paste) are the two primary ingredients in hummus, Sabra’s signature dip.
- The five rays of the sun represent Sabra’s five core values—openness, trust, passion, caring and daring.
- With its iconic red rim unchanged, Sabra’s packaging label received a complete refresh, beginning with the reorientation of the top label from horizontal to vertical.
- Vertical labels guide the eye naturally to the new logo, then flavor, ingredients and finally to the transparent view of the product (a packaging innovation Sabra first introduced in the early 2000s).
- The cleaner side label with bold fonts and brighter colors incorporates color-coded flavor differentiation, improving shop-ability.
- A distinctive photographic approach elevates Mediterranean inspiration with sunlit ingredients atop a wooden cutting board, boosting freshness and real food appeal.
- Design elements reflect Sabra’s kitchen-fresh approach to product development, shining a light on the fresh ingredients that deliver great flavor.
“Our approach was in no small part directed by consumers—rebranding is in effect, an exercise in listening,” adds Perrier. “We are in an era of real food. Consumers care more about the quality of ingredients and the innate healthfulness of what we eat. Increasingly, people are prioritizing plant-based nourishment, so as makers of an original plant-based food, and as category leader, Sabra recognized it was time to let the ingredients shine. Since all Sabra recipes are created in our kitchen, we wanted this design to evoke that welcoming and culinary atmosphere while streamlining the way we communicate product and flavor varieties. It was important to retain the clear window, which Sabra pioneered to communicate trustworthiness and transparency while giving that mouthwatering glimpse at what awaits you when you open the pack.”