Spero Foods, San Jose, Calif., launched what is said to be the first of its kind egg and cheese products.
“The idea for Spero arose after I healed myself of chronic illnesses like migraines, IBS and seizures at the age of 17,” says Phaedra Randolph, founder and CEO. “Many people suffer from similar health challenges, but find it difficult to veer from their favorite foods—eggs and cheese being top among them. It has been my mission to turn the foods that are good for us into the foods that we crave. And, we’ve done that. Our egg and cheese products are both delicious and sustainable on two fronts—they provide amazing nutrition that occurs naturally, and they’re produced in a way that limits impact on the environment (unlike the production of dairy and nut products). So, we are making significant strides toward solving two of the world’s most pressing concerns—the critical epidemic of disease, along with the lesser known crises of climate change and environmental degradation.”
The new patent-pending products entail:
▪ Scramblit – Plant-based “superfood” egg alternative with more protein, omega 3s, iron, zinc and 30 times the antioxidants of animal eggs.
▪ Cheese – Spero’s “superfood” plant-based cheeses are packed with protein, minerals and vitamins like iron, zinc, magnesium, vitamin E and antioxidants.
▪ Chevre -- Rich and creamy, light and packed with nutrients that fuel the body.
▪ Goaty Chevre – tastes like it comes from the animal, but without the animal.
▪ Herbacious Chevre- a blend of herbs de Provence.
▪ Smoked Chipotle Chevre – packs a spicy punch from chipotle peppers.
▪ Smoked Paprika Chevre – unique Middle East flavor experience.
▪ Camembert – An authentic and bloomy white rind.
▪ Bluebert – An authentic blue flavor with a bloomy white rind.
▪ Whipped Cinnamon Cheesecake – A creamy, cinnamon cheesecake that’s rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits and boasts just 4 grams of sugar.