ASHRAE announces design details of new global headquarters
The new, renovated building will become a showcase for the latest HVAC&R equipment and technology.
ASHRAE, Atlanta, revealed the design plans for its new global headquarters, located at 180 Technology Parkway in Peachtree Corners, Ga.
“We are excited to share up-to-date progress on our new ASHRAE global headquarters,” says Sheila Hayter, president. “Through this web presence, we will share our design journey, and we will offer useful, informative, educational content for members, partners, the media and other stakeholders to showcase sustainability in action, resiliency that exceeds the provisions of ASHRAE’s energy, comfort and indoor air quality standards and cost-effective building integrated solutions.”
The new, renovated building will become a showcase for the latest HVAC&R equipment and technology, providing a destination venue for industry visitors and members to experience.
Some key project goals for the new building are:
- To demonstrate how to transform older existing buildings from dated workplace environments to high-performance workplace environments.
- To showcase an affordable, net-zero energy strategy.
- To provide energy, demand and environmental data from HQ building through web interface.
- To be visible, when and where appropriate, within the building as an educational feature.
- To provide additional sensors and monitoring capability in spaces such as conference rooms, so the data obtained can support investigations and experimental work for ASHRAE research. This includes electronic data storage and manipulation capability and a meteorological monitoring station.
- To provide provisions for a building automation system.
- To showcase an ASHRAE Building EQ A+ rating.
- To provide a building environment that sets new standards for worker productivity and wellness through superior visual acuity, daylight, acoustics, thermal comfort and air quality.
The 66,700-square-foot, 2-story building, constructed in 1978, sits on 11 acres, includes a partial basement and will provide space for approximately 125 occupants.
“ASHRAE’s global headquarters will inspire our industry to incorporate energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable practices that reflects an understanding of the high-performance building movement,” says Jeff Littleton, executive vice president. "The new web presence will provide a step-by-step look into this design project and give visitors an engaging view of ASHRAE’s vision and goals."