Restaurant-inspired gourmet salad bowl kits
Fresh Express, Orlando, Fla., launched new Gourmet Kits Salad Bowls, inspired by entrée salads from restaurants nationwide.
“The Gourmet Kit Salad Bowls are a disruptive game changer in the salad category that taps into mega consumer trends – healthy eating, affordable, fresh restaurant-inspired food on-the-go. We listened to consumer needs and optimized the package and product design. Our culinary team worked with the best chefs to address this by designing high-end restaurant salads with hand-selected, chef-crafted ingredients in a convenient ready-to-eat bowl that salad lovers can enjoy anywhere, anytime,” says Fabian Pereira, vice president marketing and innovation. “Special care went into designing the bowls. Our packaging engineers worked with consumers to develop premium packaging where the fresh ingredients can be seen and stay fresh. When at the table or desk, consumers can flip the dry ingredients on the salad, pour the dressing, rotate the lid to a locked position, shake the bowl and enjoy—no fuss, no mess.”
“With the invention of the special Keep Crisp bag in the 1980s, Fresh Express pioneered the retail packaged salad category and was the first to make them available to grocery stores nationwide. We have continued investing in salad innovation, in keeping with consumer and customer needs. We have built a state-of-the-art facility to produce these Gourmet Kit Salad Bowls,” adds John Olivo, president.
New kits are available in:
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad. Blend of parmesan herb grilled chicken breast meat, crispy garlic pita chips, shredded parmesan cheese, slivered almonds, crunchy carrots and fresh grape tomatoes all resting on a bed of mature kale and romaine lettuce with a zesty Greek Caesar dressing on top.
- Pearl Mozzarella Caprese. Combination of pearl mozzarella cheese, diced prosciutto and grape tomatoes in a fresh spring mix lettuce blend with a drizzle of Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Buffalo Chicken. This chef-inspired dish is made with Buffalo marinated grilled chicken breast meat atop a fresh spring mix blend, garnished with red pepper crisps, crumbled blue cheese and sea salt multigrain crackers, topped with a drizzle of Bacon Buffalo Ranch dressing.
- Chimichurri Grilled Chicken. This restaurant-style gourmet kit combines red cabbage, queso fresco cheese, crinkle-cut radishes, chimichurri grilled chicken breast meat and corn kernels nested atop a bed of baby arugula and baby spinach and finished off with Chimichurri Vinaigrette dressing.
- Chef Salad. Creamy Bacon Ranch dressing drizzled over crisp romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, crumbled hard-boiled eggs, red cabbage, grape tomatoes, shredded Swiss cheese, capicola and smoked turkey and ham.
- Parmesan Cheese Crisp. This artisanal salad bowl packs baked parmesan cheese crisps, farro and red pepper crisps combined with the fresh flavors of Genoa salami, crinkled radishes and a fresh spring mix blend with a tangy White Wine Lemon Vinaigrette dressing.
These new Gourmet Kit Salad Bowls are sold in retail grocers in mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Central and Southern regions for a suggested retail price of $4.99.