Meat, Poultry & Feed Industry Convene for IPPE 2014
Last year, the International Poultry Expo, International Feed Expo and International Meat Expo integrated their tradeshows as the International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE). This year, the conglomerate of meat and poultry expo powerhouses will bring together more than 1,100 exhibitors and over 25,000 attendees at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta Jan. 28-30.
The global annual poultry, feed and meat industry tradeshow will highlight the latest technology, equipment and services used in the production and processing of poultry, meat and feed products.
The International Poultry Scientific Forum and the Animal Agricultural Sustainability Summit will kick off the week’s education programs. A beef plant and poultry plant tour are scheduled for Monday, Jan. 27, and several Tech XChange programs will run Tuesday, Jan. 28 and Wednesday, Jan. 29. In addition, the Current Issues for the Egg Industry and the International Rendering Symposium education programs will return for 2014.
Attendees can also take part in the Meat and Poultry Research Showcase, which will be held from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. on Thursday, Jan 30. Co-sponsored by the American Meat Institute, U.S. Poultry & Egg Association, National Pork Board and the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, the Meat and Poultry Research Showcase will cover consumer and market research, as well as research on vaccination, production, processing and food safety.
New for 2014 are the following educational programs:
• Sanitary equipment design principles.
• New approaches to ground poultry pathogen reduction.
• An antibiotic workshop on antibiotic use in the meat and poultry industry.
• VIV International Pork Production Summit.
• How to export feed and feed ingredients from the United States.
• Current issues for the egg industry.
• Media training for the meat and poultry industry.
• Poultry handling and transportation quality “Train the Trainer” workshop.
• Short course on fall protection.
• Biosecurity—revisiting the basics and implementing new strategies.
• Best new products.
• Changing the food safety landscape.
• Health and wellness trends.
Back by popular demand is the AFIA International Feed Education Program, the National Renderers Association’s International Rendering Symposium and the Poultry Market Intelligence Forum.
Be a part of the industry’s largest poultry, feed and meat show. For more information, go to
At a Glance
What: IPPE 2014
Where:Georgia World Congress Center, Atlanta
When: Jan. 28-30