Tyson Fresh Meats, the beef and pork subsidiary of Tyson Foods, Springdale, Ark., formed the Portioned Protein Innovations (PPI) team.
The team is led by Nate Hodne, senior vice president of PPI at Tyson Fresh Meats.
Tyson has multiple facilities producing PPI products, including three case-ready facilities in Sherman, Texas, Goodlettsville, Tenn., and Council Bluffs, Iowa; two portion-cutting facilities in Chicago and Jacksonville, Fla.; and a value-added plant in Emporia, Kan.
The PPI team is comprised of the following departments:
• Innovation and growth business led by Ryan Vessell
• Operations led by Mark Gordon
• Value-added led by Kevin Younger
• Case-ready led by Jason Robertson
• Shared services support led by John McKeone, Jeff Lickfelt and Mark King
The PPI team specializes in further-processed items for both retail and foodservice, including innovative packaging solutions, ground beef production, protein portioning and seasoned and marinated products.