The Ice Cream Shop, Unilever’s first-ever digital storefront, announced it has partnered with Flytrex, a leader in on-demand, ultrafast delivery for food and retail, to offer ice cream delivery via drone across all of Flytrex’s U.S. locations: Holly Springs, Fayetteville and Raeford, North Carolina, and Granbury, Texas.
Orders from The Ice Cream Shop will be delivered via the skies to front and backyards of local residents with a flight time under three minutes. Orders are placed using the Flytrex app, which provides customers with real time updates along the delivery route until the package is lowered safely by wire into their yard.
Unilever’s The Ice Cream Shop is a virtual storefront that carries fan-favorite ice cream brands Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Good Humor, Klondike, Magnum ice cream, Popsicle and Talenti. The partnership between Flytrex and The Ice Cream Shop will give customers a new way to effortlessly order from these brands.
“We’re excited to team up with Flytrex as our first-ever drone delivery partner to bring The Ice Cream Shop to new heights,” said Russel Lilly, general manager, Unilever North American Ice Cream. “Not only are we providing an exciting, innovative and ultra-fast way for ice cream fans to enjoy their favorite Unilever ice cream brands, but The Ice Cream Shop and Flytrex have exclusive ice cream bundles available for purchase. Whether you need some treats to sweeten up your backyard BBQ or are craving a cookie crunch - we’re ready to fly straight to your doorstep.”
The new service is operating in cooperation with longtime Flytrex partner Causey Aviation Unmanned under a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) waiver allowing a delivery radius of one nautical mile – reaching thousands of potential homes. Flytrex and Causey conduct all flights while maintaining the highest safety standards.
The Flytrex app will also offer exclusive bundles from The Ice Cream Shop, perfect for any craving or occasion, including:
- Chocolate Lovers Bundle featuring Breyers Chocolate Truffle, Klondike Original Vanilla Bar, Magnum Mini Double Caramel Bars, Popsicle Fudgsicle, Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie.
- Cookie Crunch Bundle featuring Breyers Cookies & Cream, Klondike Vanilla Sandwich, Talenti Caramel Cookie Crunch, Ben & Jerry’s Milk & Cookies, Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
- Backyard BBQ Bundle featuring Breyers Natural Vanilla, Breyers Chocolate, Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake Bars, Popsicle Grape, Cherry, Orange Pops, Klondike Vanilla Sandwich, Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food, Ben & Jerry’s Americone Dream.
- Berry Fruity Bundle featuring Breyers Strawberry, Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake Bars, Popsicle Grape, Cherry, Orange Pops, Talenti Roman Raspberry, Ben & Jerry’s Strawberry Cheesecake.
- • Ice Cream Favorites Bundle featuring Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, Breyers Natural Vanilla, Klondike Original Vanilla Bar, Magnum Ice Cream Bars Double Caramel.
- • Ben & Jerry’s Favorites Bundle featuring Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
“Through the new partnership with Unilever’s digital storefront, you can scream for ice cream and have it in just minutes,” said Yariv Bash, CEO and co-founder of Flytrex. “Why settle for a melted pint in an hour when you can have your ice cream via the skies cold and delicious, too?”
About Unilever North America
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Beauty & Personal Care, Home Care, and Foods & Refreshment products, with sales in over 190 countries and products used by 3.4 billion people every day. We have 148,000 employees and generated sales of €52.4 billion in 2021. Over half of our footprint is in developing and emerging markets. We have around 400 brands found in homes all over the world – including iconic brands like Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Magnum, Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Degree, Seventh Generation, St. Ives, Suave, TRESemmé, and Vaseline. Our vision is to be the global leader in sustainable business and to demonstrate how our purpose-led, future-fit business model drives superior performance. We have a long tradition of being a progressive, responsible business. It goes back to the days of our founder William Lever, who launched the world’s first purposeful brand, Sunlight Soap, more than 100 years ago, and it’s at the heart of how we run our company today.
Report Abusive Comment